Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Diapers

Buying diapers is so over rated, use cloth. I went ahead and made the jump to cloth diapers. I know what you are thinking economical but CRAZY ok at first I thought I was crazy too, but it turns out that I may be Brilliant. Turns out there are like a hundred different brands of diapers, and types of diapers. There is flats, prefolds, fitted, one size, all in ones, pockets, hybrids, covers, inserts, the list goes on. So as I am diving into my cloth diapering excursion I keep hearing about these BumGenius diapers so I look them up and they are amazing. BumGenius is definitely not your mom's cloth diapers. They are much like disposables, but you can adjust the absorbency and size, and you wash them. http://www.cottonbabies.com/ has all the details on all your diapering needs. I received 3 BG diapers about a month ago and we use them at night and have continued to use disposables during the day, but I have recently ordered more and we will convert to all day usage. Alex doesn't even mind using them; I am telling you they are just like disposables. I did this mostly for the financial benefits because diapering a child cost on a low estimate 2,500 dollars and that is for generic from a wholesale store but cloth runs on average 500 dollars. I also did it for the environmental benefits as well http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/human-footprint/consumption-interactive.html this shows what all goes into diapering a baby in disposables. So now that I am on my money saving earth friendly excursion, I feel a little better about buying diapers for Daniel.

No comments: